Despite (or perhaps because of) an existential threat of congressional dismantling of the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau, the CFPB has been extraordinarily active, and has continued to push boundaries, perhaps to its own detriment. In a new webinar, Manatt’s financial services group attorneys will review key developments that have occurred in 2017 and what to look out for in 2018. Topics covered will include:
- Legislative developments impacting the CFPB, including the Financial CHOICE Act, and other proposed legislation
- Key regulatory developments (payday lending, arbitration, credit reporting, HMDA, auto finance, fair lending)
- The D.C. Circuit’s decision in PHH v. CFPB
- Judicial limits on CFPB power (e.g., CID “statement of purpose” issue, abuse of discovery)
- Key enforcement actions (mortgage servicing, Operation Choke Point-like attacks, debt collection, short-term lending, fair lending, RESPA)
- Key takeaways from 2017, and what to expect in 2018
Richard Gottlieb, Co-chair, Financial Services Group
Brett Natarelli, Partner, Financial Services Group
The webinar was held on Wednesday, Dec. 13, 2017.
To view this webinar on demand, please click here.