Unmanned aerial vehicles (UAVs). Wearable technology devices. The connected lifestyle. Wearable devices are proliferating across many industries, particularly healthcare and insurance. Join us for Manatt’s monthly Web Learning Series to learn how your company could be affected by this technology, and what you need to know about risk management and regulatory compliance.
Professionals from Manatt’s Privacy and Data Security practice will explore how HIPAA/HITECH, GINA and other statutes apply to such devices and why other wearable devices are not subject to these statutes. The panel will also discuss:
- The privacy landscape for the increasingly prevalent devices coming to market, e.g., commercial and retail use of unmanned aerial vehicles (UAVs) or drones whose very designs may not incorporate even basic privacy measures.
- How legislation and regulatory measures are keeping up with the technology developments in drone use and wearable technology devices.
- Which factors in the Internet of Things are driving the industry’s exceptional growth, and what it means to in-house counsel.
- Where is the data that is collected being stored and how is it protected?
- In which jurisdictions are UAVs/drones subject to potential violations if there are no federal statutes governing the collection of such data?
Our panel will feature Donna Wilson, co-chair of Manatt’s Privacy and Data Security Practice, Jill Thorpe, a partner in Manatt’s Healthcare practice and Andrew Zimmitti, a litigation partner.
This program has been approved for 1.0 General CLE credit in California and 1.0 non-transitional Professional Practice CLE credit in New York.
The webinar will be held on Tuesday, September 22 from 12:00 p.m. to 1:00 p.m. PT (3:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m. ET).