MANATT, PHELPS & PHILLIPS, LLP, is one of the nation’s premier law and consulting firms, known for quality and extraordinary commitment to clients and integrated, relationship-based services. We are notably progressive and entrepreneurial and are deeply committed to diversity, public service and excellence in all we do.
Manatt currently has an exciting opportunity for a Senior Coordinator to join our Strategic Growth team in either our Los Angeles office or our Washington, D.C., office. This position will provide support to the Strategic Growth and Initiatives (SGI) Department and will report to the manager of SG. The SGI Department manages the firm’s strategy surrounding the proactive targeting and recruiting of top lateral partner, managing director, counsel and associate candidates to the firm and also supports broader strategic projects that align with the firm’s overall business strategy.
The Senior Coordinator position will be responsible for coordinating all aspects of the firm’s national associate recruiting strategy.
- Work with the Manager of Strategic Growth to coordinate all aspects of the national associate hiring strategy.
- Review and present resumes and applications.
- Coordinate and manage interview schedules, distribute recruiting materials to prospective candidates, develop and circulate candidate briefing materials to interviewers, and interact directly with associate candidates and search firms throughout the hiring process.
- Process and track conflict checks with the Conflicts Intake team and submit background checks to our third-party vendor to run.
- Maintain recruitment applicant tracking database and recruiting materials.
- Update lateral tracking spreadsheets and reports for all associate candidates.
- Conduct targeted research on candidates and generate sourcing charts.
- Conduct research and convey relevant findings on market trends, recruiting opportunities, and firm recruiting performance as they relate to associate hiring.
- Perform other SGI responsibilities as assigned.
- A Bachelor’s degree is required.
- Minimum of three years of recruiting experience in a professional services environment.
- Proficient skills in Microsoft Office; knowledge of viRecruit and Leopard Solutions is a plus.
- Demonstrate a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail in a fast-paced environment.
- Possess finely developed written and verbal communication skills and excellent organizational skills, and work proactively with precision and follow-up.
- Be client service-oriented and able to relate to people at all levels within the firm.
- Function well in a team environment, be responsive and possess a “will do” attitude.
- Ability to recognize confidential information and maintain confidentiality of information.