MANATT, PHELPS & PHILLIPS, LLP, is one of the nation’s premier law and consulting firms, known for quality and extraordinary commitment to clients and integrated, relationship-based services. We are notably progressive and entrepreneurial and are deeply committed to diversity, public service and excellence in all we do.
Manatt currently has an exciting opportunity for a Strategic Growth Assistant in our Washington, D.C., office. This position will provide support to the Strategic Growth and Initiatives (SGI) Department and will report to the manager of SGI. The SGI Department manages the firm’s strategy surrounding the proactive targeting and recruiting of top lateral candidates to the firm and also supports broader strategic projects that align with the firm’s overall business strategy.
This full-time position is responsible for the administrative management of lateral candidates as they advance through our recruiting process, and for providing support to the SGI Department. This position includes work of a highly confidential and complex nature; the successful candidate will work closely with all levels of firm administration across all U.S. offices on various lateral partner- and managing director-level recruiting, training and development, as well as other team initiatives. This individual must be comfortable working at a fast pace while not compromising attention to detail and overall work product.
- Updating and maintaining the firm’s candidate database, viRecruit, and ensuring the timely and accurate entry of all candidate profiles, data points and relevant documentation
- Coordinating and scheduling candidate interviews, including preparing and distributing interview schedules electronically to all relevant parties, sending day-of interview reminders to all interviewers, and documenting interview schedules in viRecruit
- Distributing, collecting and compiling evaluations of candidates from lawyers and professionals and distributing them to the necessary individuals for review
- Owning and maintaining numerous recruiting files (tracking sheets, reports, etc.) and databases
- Monitoring and maintaining the SGI mailbox, and forwarding messages and candidate submissions to the appropriate team members for review and follow-up as necessary
- Generating and distributing various reports on lateral partner recruiting, including relevant metrics, candidates in the pipeline, interview schedules, and other action items and next steps needed to advance candidates through our process
- Creating candidate documentation, including pulling LinkedIn resumes and website bios, and renaming all attachments appropriately and saving them to databases
- Performing other administrative and strategic projects as necessary
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Proficient skills in Microsoft Office (knowledge of viRecruit a plus)
- Demonstrate a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail in a fast-paced environment
- Possess finely developed written and verbal communication skills and excellent organizational skills, and work proactively with precision and follow-up
- Be client service-oriented and able to relate to people at all levels within the firm
- Function well in a team environment, be responsive and possess a “will do” attitude
- Ability to recognize confidential information and maintain confidentiality of information