This election year, California employers are faced with challenges in implementing a slew of new regulations while managing the impacts of the 2020 state and federal election results. In a new Manatt webinar, we will touch on recent developments in California employment law impacting employers. In addition, we will also cover required updates needed in training and other employment law policies in light of the many new bills going into effect now and in January 2021. We will also discuss the impact of federal and state election results, including practical guidance and resulting trends to watch for in 2021.
Topics to be covered throughout this complimentary 60-minute presentation include:
- New regulatory and legislative changes going into effect Jan. 1, 2021, or earlier that impact California employers, including significant expansions to protected family leave, new exemptions to independent contractor classification (AB-5), and various COVID-19 related bills
- The impact of state and federal election results, including updates on enforcement activities by various government agencies impacting employers and key focus areas for Governor Gavin Newsom impacting California employers in 2021
- Significant California Supreme Court employment law opinions and updates issued in 2020 that impact all aspects of employment law compliance, including the latest in wage and hour litigation
- A look at how the appointment of a new Supreme Court justice could impact the legal landscape for employers
- Best practices and quick solutions for ensuring compliance with the new legislative updates
Even if you can’t attend our live session on November 18, click here to register free now and receive a link to view the program on demand.
Mandana Massoumi, Partner, Employment and Labor
Delilah Clay, Legislative and Regulatory Advisor
Michael Olsen, Associate, Employment and Labor
Date and Time
Wednesday, November 18
9:30 – 10:30 a.m. PT
Click here to register free.
CLE is pending in CA and NY.
If you would like to receive an audio transcript of this webinar due to accessibility issues, please email us at email@example.com.