Dual eligibles—those eligible for both Medicare and Medicaid—are among the most costly and complex enrollees in both programs. Though they represent 20% of Medicare enrollees and 15% of Medicaid enrollees, they account for about a third of total spending in both programs.
Given that dual eligibles include both older adults and people of all ages with disabilities, they are, by definition, a costly population. The disproportionate spending on their behalf, however, is reflective of misalignments between the Medicare and Medicaid programs that can result in uncoordinated care and poor outcomes. In a new webinar, Manatt Health examines the unique challenges of navigating and accessing care across the Medicare and Medicaid systems—and explains the newest initiatives being implemented to drive improved coordination of care and benefits. Click here to register free.
Key topics include:
- The reasons dual eligibles are among the most complex and costly Medicare and Medicaid enrollees
- The specific challenges dual eligibles face in obtaining care across two different delivery systems
- The key findings from the federal Financial Alignment Initiatives
- The recent federal actions to advance care integration for dual eligibles, including:
- Provisions of the Bipartisan Budget Act of 2018 that enhance coordinated care requirements for Medicare Advantage Dual Eligible-Special Needs Plans (D-SNPs);
- The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services’ (CMS) invitation for states to test new integrated care models for dual eligibles; and
- New flexibilities provided in the final rule updating the Programs of All-Inclusive Care for the Elderly (PACE) to encourage expansion of PACE programs
- The newest state initiatives to support integrated care and improve outcomes for dual eligibles
Even if you can’t attend the live session on July 24, click here to register free now and we will send you a link to view the program on demand.
Stephanie Anthony, Senior Advisor, Manatt Health
Megan Sherman, Associate, Manatt Health
Carol Raphael, Special Advisor. Manatt Health
Date and Time
July 24, 2019
1:00 p.m.–2:00 p.m. ET
Click here to register free.