Technology, new regulations and globalization are fundamentally changing the workplace—and presenting companies with more challenging decisions than ever regarding their workforce.
Given the complexities of today's labor climate, building a relationship with a legal team that can guide you through new developments, explain your options clearly and help you make thoughtful, informed decisions is key. Our team works closely with you, often serving as an extension of your in-house human resources and legal departments.
Experience and insight that work for employers
Manatt is focused on where your business needs to go and what it takes to get there.
Our lawyers put to work years of experience and extensive employment law skills to:
- Help you prevent problems by creating the best workplace policies and procedures, as well as designing training and auditing programs.
- Guide you through the maze of federal and state regulatory employment and labor laws.
- Provide you with aggressive and goal-oriented representation before courts, administrative agencies, arbitrators and mediators.
- Handle the collective bargaining process and advance your interests in interactions with labor unions.
Keeping litigation from getting in the way of work
Few things are less productive to businesses than litigation. Whatever the issue, our goal is to help you prevent as many of these actions as possible—and to successfully defend against the rest.
We offer high-level strategic advice and an effective defense involving a wide variety of legal issues, including complex wage-and-hour class actions, discrimination and wrongful termination cases, tort and contract actions, workplace security-related litigation, and lawsuits containing trade secret and unfair trade practice claims.
Going to bat for employers in their dealings with unions
Our goal is to diffuse tensions while creating favorable outcomes for our clients. We are especially skilled at handling collective bargaining agreements, and will advance your interests in all dealings with labor unions.
Whether you have 15 employees or 15,000, we help you analyze options, make informed decisions and take effective action to protect your company in today's complex work environment.
Who we work with
Our clients are diverse, ambitious and business-savvy. We work with some of the most successful people and firms in the U.S. and beyond.
What we do
- Terminations and reductions in force
- Employment agreements and executive compensation
- Discrimination and harassment policies
- Wage-and-hour law
- Trade secrets and unfair competition
- Investigations and audits
- Workplace security
- Leased workers and temporary employee agency issues