The global games market is expected to surpass $200 billion by 2023, making it an even more lucrative industry than other traditional entertainment verticals, including film and television.
From mobile, PC and console games to the burgeoning esports ecosystem, the games industry is becoming more sophisticated by the day with an explosion of content across all platforms. In this new and rapidly evolving environment, companies, executives and talent operating in the space need experienced counsel to help them take full advantage of the opportunities at hand.
Industry experience to help you level up
Our integrated team of lawyers and strategic consultants brings decades of entertainment, games and talent experience to companies and individuals working in the games, esports and XR industries. We are recognized as leaders in the space, having completed a number of first-of-their-kind deals.
We understand the landscape, know the players, and are positioned to add value that games and esports businesses and talent need to flourish. Not only do our clients benefit from our deep ties to Hollywood, Silicon Valley and other major business centers, but our relationships with government agencies ideally situate us to help our clients navigate complex regulatory challenges to achieve their goals.
We are a one-stop shop providing our games and esports clients with a wide range of services, including digital and entertainment transactions, strategic consulting, corporate and finance matters, mergers and acquisitions (M&A), privacy and data concerns, intellectual property (IP)-related issues, and business disputes.
Who we work with
We work with companies and individuals across the games and esports space, including:
- Device manufacturers
- Content production companies
- Professional gamers and influencers
- Talent management companies
- Influencer agencies
- Social video networks
- Live streaming platforms
- Esports teams
- Brands and lifestyle companies
- Leagues and event producers
What we do
Our integrated team of lawyers, digital strategists, business analysts and investors is uniquely positioned to assist games and esports companies stay ahead of the evolving digital market with the following:
- Developer and publisher agreements
- Streaming, distribution and licensing
- Player, team and league agreements
- Advertising, brand, influencer and sponsorship agreements
- Content production deals
- Financing and investments
- IP protection and business litigation
- Strategic consulting and business development
- Systems integration and API agreements
- Data privacy and cybersecurity
- New venture structuring and formation
- Joint ventures and M&A
- Regulatory and compliance