Digital strategies are a competitive imperative, and to gain an edge you must adapt to change faster than your rivals. But change brings new challenges and requires new ways of thinking. That’s where we come in.
So much of marketing is about generating awareness, deepening engagement and motivating action. And the realities of real-time marketing demand answers now. But before you can effectively and creatively offer your products so your customers will discover and compare them, share information, and make purchasing decisions, you need immediate information to decide whether your approach is realistically grounded, not only in your knowledge of your business but in your understanding of the law.
We leave no statute unturned. We can creatively help design your product claims to give you a strong competitive edge while minimizing the risk of any legal or regulatory attack. Our attorneys regularly appear at the NAD and before the FTC and state attorneys general, so we have the pulse of the regulatory climate right at our fingertips. As such, we can provide early warning on issues that have risen to the top of the regulatory agenda. And through Manatt Digital—a one-of-a-kind digital media and legal consultancy—we can seamlessly understand and combine your business and legal objectives.
Who we work with
Across industries and categories, products and services, the clients who turn to us for advertising, marketing and media counsel represent a “who’s who” of forward-thinking companies and world-class brands.
What we do
Through our national practice, which is consistently recognized as one of the nation’s elite practices by Chambers USA, the “gold standard” in legal rankings, we cover the following:
- Advertising campaigns and promotional materials
- Marketing and sales practices
- Digital and social media marketing
- Sweepstakes, games, contests and sports fantasy leagues
- Mobile marketing
- Native advertising
- Telemarketing and e-mail marketing
- Green marketing
- Child-directed marketing
- Preventative legal and business compliance training
- Consumer credit programs
- Privacy and data security
- Dietary supplements, cosmetics and functional foods
- Entertainment brand integration
- Consumer product safety laws
- NAD and false advertising litigation
- FTC investigations and enforcement actions
- State attorney general litigation