The changing face of money
The last decade has seen unprecedented upheaval in financial services, bringing great progress and new challenges. Increasingly complex laws and regulations have led to higher costs and tighter margins. And now a wave of innovative players, new technologies, shifting consumer behavior and cybersecurity threats is transforming finance as we know it.
To succeed today you need to stay ahead of the curve. And the competition.
Financial services runs deep at Manatt; it's been at the heart of the firm for 50 years and has gained us the strong reputation we are proud to maintain. We bring together a diverse group of attorneys with experience across day-to-day operations, transactional issues and government involvement. With a focus on the future, we're helping clients from FinTech startups to national banks.
We also go beyond the traditional role of lawyers. With advice and consulting on the full range of banking industry issues, we can help you gain a competitive advantage.
Our team has not only worked with key financial institutions; many of us have spent time working inside them. We handle all aspects of banking, consumer finance and global payments—from advertising and transactions to litigation and government advocacy.
Manatt also provides connections. Offering legal, regulatory and advisory support from the capitals of California and New York, as well as Washington, D.C., we have built positive relationships and earned valuable credibility with regulators and lawmakers.
Who we work with
We work with just about everyone in finance, from brick-and-mortar banks to FinTech startups. Some of our clients are the people bringing new technologies and payment methods into all industries—retail and eCommerce, healthcare, money services, payment processing, credit cards, technology and gaming, advertising and insurance. Whatever they do, none of our clients are standing still. They include:
- Community, regional, national and foreign banks
- Consumer financial service providers
- Payment providers, processors and networks
- Marketplace lenders
- Investment banks
- Specialty finance companies
- Financial technology enterprises
- Trust companies
What we do
Our services include:
- General corporate, securities and tax
- Contract review and negotiation
- Corporate governance
- Bank formation
- M&A transactions
- Cash management
- Due diligence
- Capital markets
- Creditors' rights
- Intellectual property
- Public company reporting
- Regulatory advice and compliance
- Real estate, commercial and mortgage lending
- Examination preparation
- Consumer protection and compliance
- Privacy and data security
- Interchange fees/Durbin Amendment
- State money transmitter laws
- Strategic advisory consulting services
- Enforcement and investigations
- Trusts and estates
- Litigation—civil, commercial, and white collar