Manatt announced today that Chambers USA has named 11 practices and 26 firm lawyers among its 2015 list of leading lawyers for business in the United States.
Each year since 1990, Chambers USA has identified and ranked law firms and lawyers on several factors and considerations investigated by a team of more than 140 full-time researchers. The qualities on which rankings are assessed include technical legal ability, professional conduct, client service, commercial astuteness, diligence, commitment, and other qualities most valued by the client.
Manatt’s complete rankings include:
Beyond the practice rankings, 26 of the firm's lawyers received a total of 28 designations. Linda A. Goldstein (National Advertising) was honored for the fourth year in a row with a "Star Individual" recognition, the publication's highest distinction, given to lawyers with exceptional recommendations in their field.
William Bernstein (New York Healthcare) received a Band 1 designation, and Thomas Morrison (National Advertising Litigation) was recognized as a "Senior Statesman."
- Robert D. Belfort – Healthcare (New York)
- William S. Bernstein – Healthcare (National and New York)
- Alan Brunswick – Labor & Employment (California)
- Lindsay Conner – Media & Entertainment (California)
- Michelle A. Cooke – Intellectual Property (California)
- Jeffrey J. Davidson – Environment (District of Columbia)
- Lisl J. Dunlop – Antitrust (New York)
- Jeffrey S. Edelstein – Advertising: Transactional (National)
- Steven Edwards – Real Estate (California)
- Gary L. Gilbert – Media & Entertainment (California)
- Linda A. Goldstein – Advertising: Transactional (National)
- Susan K. Hori – Real Estate: Land Use & Zoning (California)
- David Huard – Energy & Natural Resources (California)
- Robert A. Jacobs - Media & Entertainment (California)
- Barry S. Landsberg - Healthcare (California)
- James W. Lytle - Healthcare (New York)
- Thomas C. Morrison - Advertising: Litigation (National)
- Peter Olberg - Healthcare (New York)
- Helen R. Pfister - Healthcare (New York)
- L. Lee Phillips - Media & Entertainment (California)
- Gregory N. Pimstone - Healthcare (California)
- Marc Roth - Advertising: Transactional (National)
- James R. Schwartz - Healthcare (National and California)
- Martin J. Thompson - Healthcare (California)
- Rebecca Torrey - Labor & Employment (California)
- James G. Votaw - Environment (District of Columbia)
In addition, Manatt has been identified as a “Noted Firm” for four areas, including National Financial Services Regulation: Consumer Finance (Compliance & Litigation), California Appellate, and Environment in the District of Columbia and New York. Partners Charles E. Washburn, Jr. (National Financial Services Regulation: Consumer Finance [Compliance]), Ted Wolff (New York Environment), and David Grinberg and Richard Maire (Southern California Corporate/M&A) have also been identified by Chambers USA as "Noted Practitioners."