In a generation more likely to seek health information online than see a doctor, social media is playing an increasingly critical role in healthcare decisions. A growing number of healthcare entities are incorporating social media into their communication plans. But how can you effectively harness social media’s power to reach and influence your target audiences? And how can you be sure you minimize the risks that often accompany an active social media presence?
In a webinar for Bloomberg BNA, “Best Practices for Using Social Media in Healthcare,” Linda Goldstein (Chair of Manatt’s Advertising, Marketing and Media practice) and Jon Glaudemans (Managing Director of Manatt Health) answered these crucial questions. First, they presented emerging approaches to inform, engage and motivate patients and physicians. Then, they took a detailed look at execution risks—both generally and specific to healthcare—and provided clear, actionable strategies for safeguarding your organization. During the session, you will:
- Explore how patients and providers are using social media in healthcare—and the role it plays in healthcare decisions.
- Discover the most effective social media techniques within healthcare for both consumer and professional audiences.
- Benefit from the cross-fertilization of ideas, learning how innovations from other sectors can be adapted to healthcare.
- Examine the issues around the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA)—and ensure your social media programs are in compliance.
- Find out how you can avoid liability for content posted by others.
- Learn the regulatory requirements around endorsements/testimonials, hashtags, re-tweeting of third-party content and other key challenges—and be prepared to meet them.