Discover How COVID-19 Is Re-Shaping Healthcare Privacy Today—and for the Future.
Privacy is among the many areas of our lives that COVID-19 is radically changing. While some new developments are short-term solutions to help us navigate the immediate impacts of this unprecedented crisis, others will bring lasting change that will affect us long after the pandemic recedes.
In a new webinar, Manatt Health will explore the range of legal changes to healthcare privacy that the COVID-19 pandemic is driving, including both immediate impacts and long-term consequences. We will examine how COVID-19 is re-shaping our privacy laws, standards and obligations, today and tomorrow. Key topics include:
- The new Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) waivers, including their scope, their impact and their duration
- The short-term HIPAA changes in response to COVID-19, including new flexibilities around telehealth, community testing sites and business-associate disclosures of protected health information
- The aspects of the new HIPAA flexibilities that may bring lasting change extending far beyond the pandemic
- Important long-term changes in the privacy landscape, including revisions to the federal substance use disorder confidentiality statute and state policies regarding health information exchanges
- The impact of the privacy changes on the new information blocking requirements
Robert D. Belfort, Partner, Manatt Health
Alexander Dworkowitz, Partner, Manatt Health
Date and Time:
Tuesday, May 12, 2020
CLE is pending in NY and CA.
If you would like to receive an audio transcript of this webinar due to accessibility issues, please email us at email@example.com.
This program does not constitute legal advice, nor does it establish an attorney-client relationship. Views expressed by presenters are strictly their own and should not be construed to be the views of Manatt or attributed to Manatt.