The demands of supply
The shape of consumerism is changing. Constantly. While online and mobile shopping creates more discriminating consumers, it provides retailers, distributors, manufacturers and other consumer products companies with more sophisticated data and customer insight. The challenge is keeping up with the rapid transformation—from omni-channel retail models and new competitive categories to virtual feedback, data security and cyber attacks.
And with increasingly complex global supply chains, shifting regulations, consolidation, price matching issues and an accelerating pressure to improve customer experience and value, this is a demanding marketplace where only the most competitive will thrive.
Legal skill. Commercial experience.
At Manatt, we see your industry from multiple perspectives, working with retailers, suppliers, vendors and consumer products companies of all shapes and sizes on successful litigation, transactional, regulatory and consultancy projects.
With unrivaled collective knowledge, our multidisciplinary approach provides you the most effective and efficient partnership to resolve your legal challenges. The breadth of our services, combined with our industry focus, sets us apart. We have proven subject matter experience in the critical issues you face today, such as advertising and pricing regulations, cybersecurity, and end-to-end compliance and sustainability.
Our team includes attorneys who sit on the boards of major retail companies, while others are former government prosecutors connected with retail industry groups at the state and federal levels. We connect the dots with an integrated approach that covers everything from government relations and financial services to real estate and land use, environmental regulation, employment and class action to advertising, healthcare, privacy and data protection.
Helping clients on both sides of the table with powerful transactional and advisory skills in mergers and acquisitions, capital markets and corporate governance, we also work with clients to build and create value and minimize risk in the financing, governance and acquisition and sale of businesses.
Who we work with
We work with successful local, national and international retailers and consumer products companies of all types, including:
- Big-box retailers
- Specialty retail/department stores
- Restaurant chains
- Grocery stores and pharmacies
- eCommerce retailers
- Food and beverage companies
- Consumer products and electronics
- Banks and retail financial institutions
- Shopping centers and developers
- Retail vendors and suppliers
What we do
We cover the spectrum of legal support that any successful retailer or consumer products company might need. Our services include:
- Consumer class action litigation
- Responding to State Attorney General and District Attorney investigations
- FTC and FDA investigations
- Real estate and land use litigation and approvals
- Employment and wage and hour class action litigation
- Consumer Product Safety Commission
- Intellectual property, including litigation, trademark and branding
- Corporate formation and governance
- Mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures and other strategic transactions
- Capital markets and finance
- Advertising, marketing and promotions
- Privacy and data security
- Healthcare regulatory issues
- Telephone Consumer Protection Act (TCPA) litigation
- Environmental and land use issues – including supply chain, compliance support and sustainability
- Corporate investigations
- Consumer and international trade
- Regulatory compliance