Blockchain and cryptocurrency technology continues to disrupt the modern economy, and the impact of the recent accelerated digitalization among companies will be felt as this technology becomes more utilized in day-to-day transactions. With advice and consulting on the full range of blockchain and digital asset issues, we can help you gain a competitive advantage in this burgeoning space.
Manatt’s team uses its distinct and deep-rooted understanding of this cutting-edge technology to represent emerging and growth-stage companies at the forefront of the financial services industry’s digital transformation, as well as traditional financial and technology companies seeking to enter the fintech space. Our strengths and national platform enable us to work across many disciplines—including financial services, corporate and finance, M&A, digital and technology, and privacy and data security. As nationally recognized leaders in fintech, we are relied upon by our clients to be trusted advisors to anticipate and meet the challenges in this evolving industry.
What we do
Taking a multidisciplinary approach, we offer a broad range of services, from regulatory advice to compliance programs to dealmaking to representation in enforcement actions and litigation. Our established relationships with regulatory agencies across the country, including the New York Department of Financial Services and California’s Department of Financial Protection and Innovation, we regularly advise on best practices and enforcement issues, including responding to investigations.
Our team stands ready to employ our deep bench of professionals, who will tailor legal solutions to align with your specific business objectives. Our service offerings include:
- Decentralized finance (DeFi)
- NFT drops and resales
- Regulatory compliance
- Token distributions
- Platform development and launch
- Venture financing and SAFE arrangements
- Fund formation, compensation and advisory arrangements
- Fund portfolio investments
- Intellectual property protection, enforcement and litigation
- Securities offerings and IPOs
- Broker-dealer regulatory advice
- State and federal enforcement issues
- Lender and money transmitter licenses
- BitLicense registration
- Money services business/money transmitter compliance
- Taxation issues and onshore/offshore geolocation
- Advertising, brand, influencer and sponsorship agreements
Who we work with
Our team serves as outside general counsel to dozens of leading blockchain and cryptocurrency exchanges and platforms, as well as companies investing in the space.
Select clients include:
- Blockchain Finance (BlockFi)
- Centrifuge, Inc.
- Compound Labs
- Davoa Capital
- DRW Holdings
- GMO-Z.com Trust LLC
- ICON Foundation
- Market Rebellion/Voyager Digital