Savvy counsel at each stage of the continuum
Manatt’s venture capital and emerging companies team brings a high level of experience to transactional representations. We have advised players on both sides of the table at every stage of the investment process and offer a range of services to support emerging companies throughout the life cycle of their growth. Our lawyers, strategy consultants, business leaders and venture capitalists are here to help you build and protect your new enterprise or portfolio.
When your company or investment fund brings Manatt into a deal, you are getting boutique service backed by the resources of a leading professional services firm and the strategic perspective that comes only from decades of experience nurturing businesses across diverse industries.
To view additional information and access resources on emerging companies, please visit our dedicated website, Manatt for Entrepreneurs. Here, we provide more information about how we can help you launch, protect your IP, build your team, finance your company, secure your data, commercialize your products, scale and transact. You’ll also be able to find details about our price-competitive solution for qualifying startups, The Entrepreneur Program.
Who we work with
Our deep understanding of diverse industries—including health care, financial services, media and entertainment, technology, retail and consumer products, real estate, energy, cannabis, manufacturing, infrastructure, insurance, and education—benefits clients as we help them finance their operations, expand their businesses, and navigate the maze of laws and regulations governing virtually all commercial activity. We maintain close working relationships with venture capital funds, investment banks, and strategic corporate and individual investors that finance companies in these sectors.
What we do
- Fund formation and representation
- Startup company formation and initial financing
- Fundraising preparation and investor pitch deck assessment
- Equity financing using venture, angel and strategic investor capital
- Debt financing
- Intellectual property licensing and other commercial agreements
- Joint ventures and strategic partnerships
- Privacy and regulatory compliance policy review and creation
- Employment policy review and equity compensation
- ERISA and tax issues
- Corporate audit, advice and governance
- Mergers and acquisitions
- Initial public offerings and secondary public offerings