A Manatt partner will be speaking at the Practising Law Institute’s CLE Program: Advanced Licensing Agreements on February 25, 2010 in San Francisco. He will speak on the topic of Copyrights and Content Licensing on the Copyrights, Content and Trademark Licensing panel, and will present an Analysis of a Content License Agreement.
Topics for the Copyright, Content, and Trademark Licensing Panel will include:
- Old media vs. new media, e-publishing and Tasini issues
- Digital rights management (DRM) and related issues
- Licensing rights in preexisting content vs. newly created content
- The latest on quality control considerations
- The latest on trademark licensing
- Case law update and licensing implications
Topics for the Analysis of a Content License Agreement Presentation will include:
- A walkthrough and mock negotiation of a complex content license agreement by an expert panel
- Structuring IP rights allocation
- Negotiating multimedia rights
- Allocating merchandising rights
- Negotiating creative control issues
- Funding and royalty sharing considerations
- Interplay of technology and content issues for digital content
PLI’s Advanced Licensing Agreements 2010 seminar will offer comprehensive coverage of every angle of licensing: Patent, Technology, Trade Secrets, Copyright, Content, Trademark, Software, Strategic Alliances, Joint Development, Databases, Open Source, Litigation, Negotiation Skills and Tactics.
For more information on this event, please click here.