Learn the answer at a new Manatt webinar, “Ransomware Attacks in Healthcare: Preparing and Protecting Your Organization.” Click here to register free—and earn CLE.
Cybercrime Magazine predicts that global ransomware attacks will reach $11.5 billion in 2019. According to Forbes Technology, ransomware attacks will hit a business every 14 seconds by next year—with a new report revealing that 45% of ransomware attacks are in the healthcare sector.1
How can you prepare and protect your organization from the devastation of a ransomware attack? Manatt answers that question in a new webinar for Bloomberg BNA. Click here to register free—and earn CLE. During the program, you will discover:
- The evolution of ransomware since it first appeared in 1989—and the newest threats organizations face today
- Healthcare-specific details from Verizon’s Database Breach Investigations Report (DBIR), including a real-world case study
- The most common vulnerabilities in healthcare organizations
- The factors to consider when determining whether a ransomware incident is a reportable breach under the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA), as well as under state laws—and the special challenges healthcare organizations face in managing the breach notification process
- Strategies for minimizing risk in your own organization and when working with third-party vendors
- How to create a robust disaster recovery plan, if an attack does occur
- The emerging dangers that lie ahead—and what you can do to keep your organization safe.
Even if you can’t make our original airing on July 31, please click here to register free now, and you will receive a link to view the program on demand.
1Beazley 2018 Breach Briefing, cited in Healthcare Informatics
Ingrid Beierly, Senior Advisor, Cyber and Global Payment Security, Manatt, Phelps & Phillips, LLP
Robert Belfort, Partner, Manatt Health
Donna Wilson, Managing Partner-Elect, Chair, Privacy and Data Security, Manatt, Phelps & Phillips,
Chris Novak, Global Director, Threat Research Advisory Center, Verizon Enterprise Solutions
Date and Time
July 31, 2018
1:00 p.m.–2:30 p.m. ET
Click here to register free.
CLE is available for this program.