Demystify Payment Card Industry Data Security Standards (PCI DSS) by attending a new webinar led by Manatt’s privacy and data security group. Click here to register and earn CLE credit.
All companies that use credit card information have an obligation to secure customer data, and falling out of compliance with mandatory security standards can leave organizations vulnerable to cyberattacks and subject to sanctions. But the compliance process can appear complex. Policies and procedures to ensure security have come a long way since the major credit card companies first collaborated on security standards in 2000. This complimentary webinar covers the basic landscape of the payment card brands’ private regulatory system known as PCI DSS by exploring the key requirements for compliance and the entities obligated to comply.
This webinar will cover:
- Basic terminology, including what is PCI DSS and where it came from
- An overview of the broad requirements to be compliant
- The difference between compliance and validation
- Additional programs that impact compliance
- Consequences of noncompliance
- The litigation landscape among banks, merchants and others after a data breach
- Recent updates following the release of version 3.2
Because every entity worldwide that accepts, processes, stores or transmits credit card information must comply with PCI DSS, all organizations should know how to achieve and maintain compliance. Register for this informative session to gain practical guidance and timely updates on this important business reality.
Donna Wilson, Managing Partner-Elect, Chair, Privacy and Data Security
Ingrid Beierly, Senior Advisor, Cyber and Global Payment Security
Date and Time
Thursday, September 20, 2018
10:00 a.m.–11:00 a.m. PT
1:00 p.m.–2:00 p.m. ET