Manatt Real Estate Partner Grace Winters and Associate Laura D'Iorio wrote an article for Law360 about commercial real estate trends for 2022 as the sector is confronted by unprecedented demand for housing, historic levels of inflation and a looming surge in interest rates.
The five trends Winters and D'Iorio examine include:
- Multifamily and residential demand and activity will remain high, fueled by the hybrid work revolution.
- Policies and regulations focused on sustainable and socially responsible investing will affect construction and investment, and will have a nuanced effect on government-sponsored enterprise lending for affordable housing.
- The increased need for technology-driven real estate will continue to draw investment and may expand into new areas.
- Warehouse construction and investment will continue to benefit from e-commerce growth.
- Interest rate hikes will influence short-term financing but will have a limited effect on long-term debt.
Law360 subscribers can read the full article here.