Having survived political wars, Supreme Court appeals and even a government shutdown, the Affordable Care Act (ACA) made it through its first year of implementation. The public Marketplaces that are central to the ACA launched on October 1, 2013—and a year later, we face our second open enrollment period. In spite of the bumpy beginning of healthcare.gov and the raging debates around health reform, Obamacare is still here.
What’s the real status of the ACA today? What’s the outlook for both public Marketplaces and private Exchanges? Which trends and developments are proving to be the true market disruptors? And what can you expect next? Manatt Health helps you navigate the rhetoric of both the ACA’s critics and champions to give you an accurate view of Obamacare’s status, impact and future in a webinar, “The ACA One Year In: Current Progress and Coming Game-Changers.”
Joel Ario, Managing Director of Manatt Health — who led the development of the regulatory framework for Exchanges as Director of the Office of Health Insurance Exchanges at the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services—will give you an in-depth update on health reform. During the program, you will have the chance to:
- Compare the performance, plans and projections for state-based and federally-facilitated Marketplaces.
- Examine three developments that could reshape the public Exchange landscape prior to 2016.
- Explore the range of models making state-based Marketplaces “laboratories of democracy.”
- Look ahead to how a new president could shape a new equilibrium after 2016.
- Understand how 1332 innovation waivers can be used to achieve ACA coverage goals in new and innovative ways.
- Identify and analyze key market disruptors, including narrow networks, cost-sharing, consumer empowerment and federal expansion.
- Learn the latest on the employer mandate and its anticipated effects.
- Discover how private Exchanges may change the game.
Click here to download presentation materials or to view a recording of this webinar.