Once again, Manatt has earned a perfect score of 100 percent on the Human Rights Campaign’s Corporate Equality Index (CEI). In addition to receiving a perfect score, the firm was designated a Best Place to Work for LGBTQ Equality.
In its 18th year, CEI reports on corporate policies and practices related to lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and queer workplace equality by evaluating each participating company’s LGBTQ-related policies and practices against criteria set by the Human Rights Campaign Foundation, including:
- prohibits discrimination based on sexual orientation for all operations;
- prohibits discrimination based on gender identity for all operations;
- equivalency in same- and different-sex spousal medical and soft benefits;
- equivalency in same- and different-sex domestic partner medical and soft benefits;
- equal health coverage for transgender individuals without exclusion for medically necessary;
- three LGBTQ internal training and education best practices;
- employee group or diversity council;
- three distinct efforts of outreach or engagement to broader LGBTQ community, and if supplier diversity program is in place, must include LGBTQ; and
- contractor/supplier non-discrimination standards and philanthropic giving guidelines.
Read the full report here.