Once again, Manatt’s Consumer Financial Services team served as primary editors and coauthors of the 2022 edition of the leading desk reference in consumer financial services law, Practising Law Institute’s (PLI) Consumer Financial Services Answer Book. Fourteen Manatt professionals contributed to the new edition, authoring or coauthoring 13 chapters. Manatt Financial Services Partner Brett Natarelli served as coeditor.
The fully updated and reorganized 2022 edition continues to provide practitioners with an in-depth understanding of the core laws governing consumer financial services, such as the Truth in Lending Act, in a clear and accessible Q&A format.
Organized in a convenient single volume, the treatise covers the latest developments in Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB) enforcement, privacy and data security, and fair lending.
The 2022 edition also includes updated chapters focusing on a variety of industries, such as mortgage, auto finance, credit cards, student lending, short-term lending and military lending, among others.
Manatt professionals authored or coauthored the following chapters:
- Chapter 1: Overview: Consumer Loan Products and the Federal Regulation of Consumer Credit
- Chapter 2: Truth in Lending Act
- Chapter 3: Real Estate Settlement Procedures Act, Mortgage Servicing Rules, and TRID
- Chapter 5: Data Privacy and Security
- Chapter 7: Preemption
- Chapter 10: Federal Telemarketing Laws and Regulations
- Chapter 15: Short-Term Lending
- Chapter 16: Student Lending
- Chapter 17: Military Lending and Loan Relief
- Chapter 18: CFPB Enforcement
- Chapter 19: Unfair, Deceptive, or Abusive Acts and Practices Statutes
- Chapter 20: Residential Foreclosures and Evictions
- Chapter 22: Service Providers and Third-Party Risk
PLI has kindly offered Manatt clients and friends a substantial discount. To purchase copies of the book, please visit the PLI website here or contact one of our authors.