Learn How to Reap the Rewards While Avoiding the Risks of Prize Promotions, at a New Manatt Webinar on June 12 from 1:00 p.m. – 2:00 p.m. ET. Click Here to Register Free—and Earn CLE.
Prize promotions—such as sweepstakes, contests and giveaways—are popular and effective ways for healthcare organizations to attract, engage and retain customers; increase brand awareness; and, for nonprofits, raise funds. They also are governed, however, by a vast array of state and federal laws. Those unaware of the regulations may find themselves facing serious legal and public relations repercussions—including significant fines and even criminal prosecution in some states.
How can you safely navigate the potential minefield of laws and regulations governing prize promotions? How can you reap the business rewards without triggering the legal risks? And what added regulatory issues increase the complexity for healthcare organizations? Find out in a new Manatt webinar, “Sweepstakes and Contests: What Healthcare Organizations Need to Know.” Click here to register free—and earn CLE. The program will:
- Explain the difference between a sweepstakes and a contest—and why that difference matters.
- Review the key legal requirements for conducting a sweepstakes or contest.
- Discuss how to promote a sweepstakes or contest effectively—and safely—including best practices for complying with disclosure requirements.
- Explore the special concerns when running sweepstakes or contests using social media platforms.
- Examine how the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) and other healthcare regulatory issues come into play when collecting entry information and awarding prizes.
Even if you can’t make the original airing on June 12, click here to register now, and you will receive a link to view the webinar on demand.
Randi Seigel, Partner, Manatt Health
Po Yi, Partner, Advertising, Marketing and Media