Catalyzed by the COVID-19 pandemic, many behavioral health care providers have implemented telehealth services to augment existing partial hospitalization programs (PHPs) and intensive outpatient programs (IOPs). In a new webinar—based on their just-released joint research study—Manatt Health and the National Association for Behavioral Health Education and Research Foundation (NABH) share how the growing use of telehealth is improving access to care and optimizing the reach of personnel, while delivering similar or better outcomes for PHP and IOP patients.
During the program, a panel of leaders from major behavioral health providers that participated in the study—including Northwell’s Zucker Hillside Hospital, Universal Health Services (UHS) and Rogers Behavioral Health—will discuss their experiences executing and evaluating telehealth programs, as well as their recommendations for policymakers and payers. Key topics that will be covered include:
- The ways that regulatory flexibilities enabled the rapid implementation of telehealth by traditional in-person PHPs and IOPs during the COVID-19 crisis
- Real-world insights into how using telehealth to deliver PHP and IOP services improved access to care for remote patients and others facing other access obstacles
- Results of emerging research showing that, relative to in-person care, the use of telehealth in PHPs and IOPs is improving the quality of clinical care, patient satisfaction and the overall efficiency of the health care system
- Recommendations for policymakers and payers to support the continued coverage of payment for telehealth in PHPs and IOPs
- Jared Augenstein, Managing Director, Manatt Health
- Zerrin Cetin, Senior Manager, Manatt Health
- Shawn Coughlin, President and CEO, National Association for Behavioral Healthcare
- T.J. Vlavianos, Director, Behavioral Health, Northwell Zucker Hillside Hospital
- Abhi Pardeshi, Vice President, Telehealth, Behavioral Health Division at UHS
- Dylan Ross, Vice President, Clinical Innovations, Rogers Behavioral Health
Date and Time:
Wednesday, March 1
12:00 – 1:00 p.m. ET
Click here to view and download this webinar
If you would like to receive an audio transcript of this webinar due to accessibility issues, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This program does not constitute legal advice, nor does it establish an attorney-client relationship. Views expressed by presenters are strictly their own and should not be construed to be the views of Manatt or attributed to Manatt.