Learn How Public and Private Payers, Life Sciences Companies, Providers and Patients Are Tackling the Complex Challenges of Providing Affordable Access to Groundbreaking Therapies.
Scientific advances in understanding how to manipulate genes to alter the course of disease are now starting to bear fruit. Cell and gene therapies will bring hope to those with conditions once thought to be incurable or irreversible. However, the complex science involved in developing these breakthrough treatments—and, in some cases, their need to be tailored to individual patients—has led to extraordinary prices compared with current drugs and biologics.
How can pioneering life sciences companies address the complex business and political challenges involved in delivering their breakthrough products to patients? What innovative new tools will public and private payers need to develop to ensure appropriate access while keeping an eye on budget impacts? How do we deal with the difficult questions of who should receive these treatments—and what we, as a society, can afford to spend? In a new Manatt webinar, a panel of thought-leading innovators representing payers, life sciences companies, providers and patients share the answers.
The webinar will:
- Define the coverage obligations for breakthrough therapies across various payers.
- Examine the reimbursement challenges for innovative medicines—and provide effective strategies for addressing those challenges.
- Explore the issues—and solutions—around balancing the lifesaving potential of breakthrough treatments with their high costs from the perspectives of patients, payers, providers and life sciences companies.
- Discuss how life sciences companies are navigating the complexities of pricing breakthrough products while facing strong political headwinds.
- Track current trends—and look ahead to how they may impact access to therapies in the future.
- Dr. Sanjiv Shah, Chief Medical Officer of MetroPlusHealth
- Kristin Wolff, Vice President, Global Policy Strategy and U.S. Government, bluebird bio
- Christine Lee, Director, Managed Care & Payor Relations, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center
- Alex Dworkowitz, Partner, Manatt Health
- Anthony Fiori, Senior Managing Director, Manatt Health
P.S. Our “Ten Health Care Imperatives for the Decade Ahead” webinar series is based on our recent white paper addressing the ten imperatives we believe are critical for improving the health care system and advancing health equity. Click here to download a free copy of the white paper—and here for more information on the other programs in the series.
Date and Time
Wednesday, Sept. 15, 2021
Click here for full details on the "Ten Health Care Imperatives for the Decade Ahead" series.
If you would like to receive an audio transcript of this webinar due to accessibility issues, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This program does not constitute legal advice, nor does it establish an attorney-client relationship. Views expressed by presenters are strictly their own and should not be construed to be the views of Manatt or attributed to Manatt.