For the first time in over 60 years, the Screen Actors Guild (SAG) and the Writers Guild of America (WGA) are simultaneously on strike. Most of Hollywood as we know it has effectively come to a halt. This virtual panel will explore what artists and their representatives can expect in the coming weeks and months, and what the aftermath of this historic moment might bring. The panelists will also discuss how the WGA’s and SAG’s demands intersect, how those commonalities (and differences) may affect negotiations with the Alliance of Motion Picture and Television Producers, and what the entertainment industry could look like when the dust settles.
If you can’t make our live program on August 2, click here to register for free now, and you’ll receive a link to view the webinar on demand.
- W. Joseph Anderson, Entertainment Transactional Partner, Manatt, Phelps & Phillips, LLP
- Sarah Moses, Entertainment Litigation Partner, Manatt, Phelps & Phillips, LLP
- Wendy J. Greuel, National Advisor, Government and Regulatory, Manatt, Phelps & Phillips, LLP, and Chair, California Film Commission
- Matt Belloni, Founding Partner, Puck
- Dimitry Krol, Senior Counsel, Entertainment Labor Practice Group, Loeb & Loeb LLP
Date and Time
Wednesday, August 2
This program has been approved for 1.0 NY CLE Professional Practice credits and is pending approval for 1.0 CA MCLE General credits.
If you would like to receive an audio transcript of this webinar due to accessibility issues, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This program does not constitute legal advice, nor does it establish an attorney-client relationship. Views expressed by presenters are strictly their own and should not be construed to be the views of Manatt or attributed to Manatt.