Over the past few years, there has been tightening enforcement and numerous lawsuits driven by the increasingly complex web of federal and state anti-kickback and anti-inducement statutes. In a new CLE-eligible webinar, Manatt Health will guide plans and providers through the emerging landscape of fraudulent health care schemes—and provide practical answers to the legal questions that have arisen in recent litigation and enforcement actions.
During the free webinar, our panelists—all with a proven track record of successfully defending litigants that have been forced to deal with inducement-based lawsuits in both federal and state courts—will share an overview of the current litigation and policy landscape and offer insights into how plans and providers can protect themselves and their organizations. The webinar also will discuss the findings from internal investigations that have uncovered fraudulent activities and improper conduct impacting patients’ health and safety and plans’ and providers’ financial viability. Click here to register for the free webinar. Key topics that will be covered include:
- The anti-kickback and anti-inducement statutes that federal and state governments and private payers rely on to address fraudulent practices in the health care industry
- Civil and criminal enforcement actions that federal and state governments, as well as private parties, may bring under the many broad-ranging laws that apply to fraudulent schemes and inducement conduct in the health care industry
- Payers’ and providers’ rights and obligations to identify and prevent fraud, waste and abuse
- An overview of the commonly used tools available to investigate and address fraud
- Tips to help plans and providers defend themselves in the event of litigation or regulatory action
Even if you can’t attend our live program on October 17, click here to register for the free webinar now, and you’ll receive a link to view the session on demand.
Ileana Hernandez, Partner, Health Care Litigation
John LeBlanc, Partner, Health Care Litigation
David Boyadzhyan, Associate, Investigations, Compliance and White Collar Defense
Date and Time:
Tuesday, October 17
10:00 – 11:00 a.m. PT
1:00 – 2:00 p.m. ET
Click here to register for the free webinar.
CLE is pending in New York and California
If you would like to receive an audio transcript of this webinar due to accessibility issues, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This program does not constitute legal advice, nor does it establish an attorney-client relationship. Views expressed by presenters are strictly their own and should not be construed to be the views of Manatt or attributed to Manatt.