The Affordable Care Act (ACA) provisions that require large employers to offer group healthcare coverage to their employees, or pay penalty assessments if they do not, go into effect in 2014. Since the U.S. Supreme Court ruling upholding the validity of the ACA, the Internal Revenue Service, Department of Labor, and Department of Health and Human Services have begun to issue guidance on the ACA's implications for employers. Importantly, during 2013, employers will need to prepare to meet the new requirements and to provide notices to all of their employees regarding coverage options available under Exchanges.
Please join Manatt professionals for a one-hour complimentary webinar that will answer these important questions:
- Is my company a large employer?
- Who are its full-time employees?
- When must coverage be provided?
- What makes coverage affordable? And what does the "minimum value" requirement mean?
- What are the consequences of not providing coverage?
- What are the employer notice, recordkeeping, and reporting requirements?
- What coverage alternatives are available for employers and employees?
- What is happening with state Exchanges and the federal backup Exchange? And how do the public Exchanges relate to the expanding number of private Exchanges?
- What are insurance companies doing to help?
- What more should I be asking of our insurer? And of our insurance broker?
Jay Vogel of the The Camps Group
If you would like to receive an audio transcript of this webinar due to accessibility issues, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This program does not constitute legal advice, nor does it establish an attorney-client relationship. Views expressed by presenters are strictly their own and should not be construed to be the views of Manatt or attributed to Manatt.