Of the $2.2 billion in False Claims Act (FCA) settlements and judgments that the Department of Justice (DOJ) reported in fiscal year 2022, $1.7 billion related to matters involving the health care industry. That staggering number reflects only federal losses, with the DOJ recovering additional amounts for state Medicaid programs. In a year of tightening scrutiny—including new priorities on pandemic relief programs and cybersecurity violations—entities across the health care spectrum found themselves in the government’s crosshairs, including drug, device and medical equipment manufacturers; home health and managed care providers; hospitals; pharmacies; hospice organizations; and physicians.
In a new webinar, Manatt provides an update on key FCA trends and developments, the latest cases and their implications, and actions you can take to protect your organization in an increasingly complex and perilous environment. Manatt’s CLE-eligible program is essential viewing for every health care organization doing business with the government.
- An overview of the DOJ’s FCA report for fiscal year 2022, with an analysis of enforcement trends and their implications
- A review of the major Supreme Court cases from the October 2022 term and what they mean for health care organizations
- A look ahead to the October 2023 term and cases to watch, including:
- Whether the circuit’s split on kickbacks will reach the Supreme Court
- What the possible end of Chevron deference could mean for the FCA
- Guidance on best practices for keeping your organization safe under today’s aggressive enforcement conditions
John Libby, Partner, Investigations, Compliance and White Collar Defense
Jacqueline Wolff, Partner, Investigations, Compliance and White Collar Defense
Date and Time:
Tuesday, July 18
1:00 – 2:00 p.m. ET
This program has been approved for 1.0 NY CLE Skills (transitional and non-transitional) and is pending approval for 1.0 CA MCLE General credit.
If you would like to receive an audio transcript of this webinar due to accessibility issues, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This program does not constitute legal advice, nor does it establish an attorney-client relationship. Views expressed by presenters are strictly their own and should not be construed to be the views of Manatt or attributed to Manatt.