At Manatt’s webinar for Bloomberg BNA, “Fraud and Abuse 2016,” we provided an in-depth guide to the growing use of the False Claims Act (FCA) as an enforcement tool…the ways to avoid FCA actions…and the steps to take if the government does come calling.
As you’ll hear during the program, in 2014, the Department of Justice (DOJ) recovered $2.3 billion from healthcare fraud cases, marking the fifth straight year the Department recovered more than $2 billion from cases involving false claims against federal healthcare programs. Clearly, every segment of the healthcare industry is enduring greater levels of scrutiny. “Fraud and Abuse 2016” examines the increasingly aggressive techniques, such as video surveillance and wiretaps, making the healthcare landscape more perilous than ever—and reveals how you can protect your organization. The webinar gives you the chance to:
- Track the growth in FCA recoveries—and what’s anticipated in the months to come.
- Look at the new healthcare stakeholders facing FCA cases—and the types of violations being investigated for each segment.
- Gain an understanding of FCA definitions, provisions and penalties.
- Explore the key FCA cases that are remapping the fraud and abuse landscape—and the decisions to watch for in 2016.
- Examine the latest enforcement trends, including the use of predictive modeling, videotaping, wire and securities fraud and more.
- Learn the enhanced provisions that are increasingly common in Corporate Integrity Agreements (CIA).
- Discover how the ACA raised the stakes.
- Hear the new rules and incentives around whistleblowers.
- Find out how to build compliance programs that protect your organization in today’s stringent and complex enforcement environment.
- Gain guidance on how to respond effectively, if a government investigation happens.
If you would like to receive an audio transcript of this webinar due to accessibility issues, please email us at email@example.com.