Discover the Trends in Healthcare Transactions, the Drivers Behind the Changes and What Lies Ahead as Stakeholders Deal With the Pressures of the Pandemic.
After years of growth, healthcare deal activity slowed in the first half of 2020, with deal volume slipping below 500 for the first time since 2015. As it did in every aspect of our lives, the COVID-19 crisis had a chilling effect on healthcare transactions. But will that effect cause a sustained change in the healthcare transactions landscape—or just a temporary pause for healthcare players to assess the new environment before moving forward?
A new survey from HealthLeaders Media and Bank of America provides the answer, with results showing that stakeholders strongly believe consolidation will continue to be a significant trend in the healthcare sector, regardless of the pandemic. Conducted in April, during the COVID-19 surge, the survey reveals that 69% of respondents are either exploring or completing deals underway in the next 18 months:
What trends are we seeing in healthcare transactions as the pandemic continues—and what do we anticipate lies ahead as we move beyond the crisis? What new strategies have come into play as stakeholders consider deals that will benefit them today—and position them for success post-pandemic? Find out in a new Manatt webinar. Key topics include:
- An overview of healthcare transactions in 2020, including the most notable deals
- An analysis of key trends and their impact—including the effects of COVID-19 on transactions activity
- The market and regulatory drivers impacting healthcare transactions
- A deep dive into health plan transactions, including:
- Trends and issues in plan transactions
- Unique factors to take into account for plan transactions
- Antitrust regulatory considerations that are key for plan acquisitions
- Special Medicare and Medicaid considerations specific to plan acquisitions
- A deep dive into healthcare provider transactions, including:
- Trends and issues in healthcare provider transactions
- Providers’ reactions to changing market dynamics through unique arrangements
- The ways that hospitals and health systems are restructuring their care delivery platforms—and the partners needed to make them work
- Providers’ quest for scale—and whether “going bigger” is always the best option in the age of COVID-19 (and beyond)
Keith Anderson, Partner, Manatt Health
Robert Belfort, Partner, Manatt Health
Linda Moroney, Partner, Manatt Health
Raisa Patron, Partner, Manatt Health
Scott Schwartz, Partner, Corporate and Finance, Manatt
Date and Time
Tuesday, December 15, 2020
For regular updates on the major challenges companies are facing, please visit our COVID-19 resources page, and subscribe for timely updates in your inbox here.
If you would like to receive an audio transcript of this webinar due to accessibility issues, please email us at email@example.com.