New technologies are transforming healthcare. According to a HIMSS Mobile Technology Survey of healthcare provider employees, about 90% say they are using mobile devices to engage patients in their healthcare—and 36% believe app-enabled patient portals are the most effective patient engagement tool. A Spyglass Consulting Report reveals that an astounding 96% of physicians use text messaging for patient care coordination—and 30% say they’ve received protected health information (PHI) via text.
How can you take advantage of the power these new tools offer while ensuring full compliance with the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA)? Find out in a new Manatt webinar for Bloomberg BNA.
The CLE-eligible program will:
- Identify the qualities to look for when choosing vendors and platforms to enable health-related communications while ensuring HIPAA compliance.
- Explore how to provide ongoing oversight to protect your organization after vendors and platforms have been deployed.
- Reveal how to avoid common HIPAA traps that organizations fall into when using new technologies.
- Explain how to put digital tools to work optimizing communications and organizational workflow while mitigating risk.
- Outline the steps to follow if a breach does occur.
If you would like to receive an audio transcript of this webinar due to accessibility issues, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This program does not constitute legal advice, nor does it establish an attorney-client relationship. Views expressed by presenters are strictly their own and should not be construed to be the views of Manatt or attributed to Manatt.