The Inflation Reduction Act of 2022 (IRA) includes the most dramatic change to U.S. drug price regulation in history. The new law allows the federal government to “negotiate” the price of many drugs dispensed to Medicare beneficiaries, imposes penalties on drug manufacturers for increasing prices faster than inflation, and redesigns the Medicare Part D prescription drug benefit.
In a new webinar, Manatt Health projects how the IRA will impact each sector of the interconnected U.S. health care system. Key topics the program will cover include:
- The impact on brand drug manufacturers’ research incentives and financial obligations
- How generic and biosimilar manufacturers may reprioritize strategies
- The changes for health care providers, especially those that administer drugs to patients
- The interaction with the 340B prescription drug discount program for safety net providers
- Reactions from payers, pharmacy benefit managers, pharmacies and state Medicaid agencies
NOTE: If you missed our first webinar on the IRA, “Preparing for Change: A Guide to the Inflation Reduction Act Drug Pricing Provisions,” click here to view the program free on demand and download a free copy of the presentation.
Alexander Dworkowitz, Partner, Manatt Health
Adam Finkelstein, Counsel, Manatt Health
Michael Kolber, Partner, Manatt Health
Helen Pfister, Partner, Manatt Health
Date and Time:
Thursday, September 22
This program has been approved for 1.0 NY CLE Professional Practice (transitional and non-transitional) and for 1.0 CA MCLE General credit.
If you would like to receive an audio transcript of this webinar due to accessibility issues, please email us at email@example.com.
This program does not constitute legal advice, nor does it establish an attorney-client relationship. Views expressed by presenters are strictly their own and should not be construed to be the views of Manatt or attributed to Manatt.