As state leaders continue to grapple with unsustainable rates of health care cost growth, benchmarking programs have continued to proliferate across states as a strategy for better understanding health care cost drivers, bringing stakeholders together around market transparency, and empowering state policymakers with data to inform a targeted response. To date, eight states have officially established benchmarking programs to set growth targets for health care spending, and additional states continue to explore similar programs.
In a new webinar, Manatt Health and a panel of state leaders discuss the opportunities and challenges of state benchmarking programs, including key lessons learned, practical guidance and best practices for addressing cost growth. Key topics that will be covered include:
- The core components of a state cost growth benchmarking program
- Use cases states are pursuing to improve market transparency, target cost drivers, increase investments into primary care and behavioral health, advance adoption of alternative payment models, and more
- How key stakeholders and constituencies can benefit from state benchmarking programs to advance policy goals and priorities
Joel Ario, Managing Director, Manatt Health
- Kevin McAvey, Director, Manatt Health
- Victoria Veltri, Executive Director, Office of Health Strategy, State of Connecticut
- Sarah Bartlemann, Cost Growth Target Program Manager, Oregon Health Authority
Date and Time:
Tuesday, April 12
If you would like to receive an audio transcript of this webinar due to accessibility issues, please email us at email@example.com.
This program does not constitute legal advice, nor does it establish an attorney-client relationship. Views expressed by presenters are strictly their own and should not be construed to be the views of Manatt or attributed to Manatt.