Learn How to Move Beyond Dollars and Cents to Realize the Full Value of Virtual Care at a New Webinar Based on the Recently Released Return on Health Report From the American Medical Association and Manatt Health.
The COVID-19 pandemic has spurred a dramatic increase in virtual care adoption. The rise has been enabled by a wide range of policy flexibilities implemented by federal and state legislators, regulators, and payers. However, many of these allowances are currently temporary. As the pandemic ebbs, policymakers and payers are deciding whether and how much to pay for virtual care services in the future, leaving clinicians uncertain as to whether they will be able to afford to continue their virtual care programs.
Though the existing body of evidence regarding the value of virtual care has grown substantially in recent years, it is narrowly focused on short-term measures of financial value. There remains scant literature regarding the long-term effects of virtual care, such as improvements in access, clinical outcomes, the impact on the patient and clinician experience, the potential for operational efficiencies, or the effect on health equity.
In this webinar—part of the American Medical Association’s (AMA’s) Telehealth Immersion Program—the AMA and Manatt Health expand on existing research to share a robust framework for measuring the value of digitally enabled care based on their recently released report. The new framework accounts for the various ways in which virtual care programs may increase the overall “return on health” by generating a positive impact for patients, clinicians, payers and society. The presentation will:
- Track the evolution of digitally enabled care.
- Explain the new framework for measuring the value of digitally enabled care—and how it builds on previous strategies to account for a wider range of virtual care program types, value streams and environmental variables.
- Present real-world case studies illustrating the value of digitally enabled care.
- Demonstrate how to apply the framework to digitally enabled care programs.
- Identify opportunities for health care stakeholders to support digitally enabled care as they develop their coverage and payment policies and strategies in the years ahead.
Vimal Mishra, MD, Director of Digital Health Strategy, American Medical Association
Jacqueline Marks, Senior Manager, Manatt Health
Date and Time
Tuesday, May 25
10:00 a.m. CT
If you would like to receive an audio transcript of this webinar due to accessibility issues, please email us at email@example.com.
This program does not constitute legal advice, nor does it establish an attorney-client relationship. Views expressed by presenters are strictly their own and should not be construed to be the views of Manatt or attributed to Manatt.