The full paper is now available. Please also visit our library of materials to help you better understand, plan for and implement APCDs.
In 2020, health care spending in the United States reached $4.1 trillion, or 20% of the U.S. economy. Although the health care industry is powered by data and foundational to the health and well-being of our nation, policymakers, regulators and other public stakeholders often lack comprehensive, cohesive and timely information about its operations and performance.
To address local information gaps, policymakers across the country have invested in All-Payer Claims Databases (APCDs). The current APCD model, however, was not intended to be a national blueprint. In conjunction with the release of Realizing the Promise of All-Payer Claims Databases: A Federal and State Action Plan—Manatt’s new white paper, funded by the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation—Manatt will be facilitating a national summit about the future of APCDs, and how federal and state leaders can partner to strengthen our nation’s health system data and analytic infrastructure. Click here to register for this free webinar. Key topics include:
- Real-world examples of how state APCDs are used to inform regulatory, Medicaid program, and public health actions
- The value of state APCDs and the opportunities to improve their use and utility
- Strategies for building national health data collection, analytic and governance capacity from our state infrastructure
- A moderated roundtable of federal and state leaders, sponsored by the Peterson Center on Healthcare, discussing pathways to strengthen our state APCDs and establish a national APCD
Even if you can’t attend the live webinar on December 7, click here to register for free now and receive a link to view the program on demand. You can also download our Executive Summary here and our full paper here.
Please see here for a list presenter and speaker biographies.
Summit Lead Presenter and Moderators
- Congressman Don Beyer (VA-8)
Statements from National Catalysts
- Kathy Hempstead, Senior Policy Advisor, Robert Wood Johnson Foundation
- Frederica Stahl, Director, Peterson Center on Healthcare
Federal-State Roundtable Panelists
- Nancy DeLew, Associate Deputy Assistant Secretary, Office of the Assistant Secretary for Planning and Evaluation, U.S. Department of Health and Human Services
- Karynlee Harrington, Executive Director, Maine Health Data Organization
- Allison Oelschlaeger, Chief Data Officer, CMS
- Kyle Russell, CEO, Virginia Health Information (VHI)
- Diane Rydrych, Assistant Commissioner, Minnesota Department of Health
- Elizabeth Schumacher, Deputy Director, Division of Regulations and Standards, U.S. Department of Labor
- Dr. Herb Wong, Division of Markets and Systems Research Director, Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality, U.S. Department of Health and Human Services
State Health Data Leader Presenters
- Kristin Paulson, President & CEO, Colorado’s Center for Improving Value in Health Care (CIVHC)
- Jo Porter, Director, Institute for Health Policy and Practice, University of New Hampshire
- Caitlin Sullivan, Deputy Executive Director, Massachusetts Center for Health Information and Analysis (CHIA)
- Dr. Joseph Thompson, President & CEO, Arkansas Center for Health Improvement (ACHI)
Statements from National Health Policy, Purchaser, and Data Leaders
- Lisa Bari, CEO, Civitas Networks for Health
- Niall Brennan, Chief Analytics and Privacy Officer, Clarify Health Solutions
- Dr. Michael Chernew, Harvard Medical School, Healthcare Markets & Regulation Lab, Professor and Director
- Dr. Matthew Fiedler, Senior Fellow, USC-Brookings Schaeffer Initiative for Health Policy
- Emma Hoo, Director, Purchaser Business Group on Health
- Frederick Isasi, JD, Executive Director, FamiliesUSA
- Christine Monahan, JD, Assistant Research Professor, Center on Health Insurance Reforms, Georgetown University
- Maureen Mustard, Former Chair, U.S. DOL State APCD Advisory Committee
- Dr. Lisa Simpson, President & CEO, AcademyHealth
- Lee Spangler, Executive Director, Texas APCD
- Kendall Strong, Senior Policy Analyst, Bipartisan Policy Center
- Norm Thurston, Executive Director, National Association of Health Data Organizations
- Dr. Chris Whaley, Economist, RAND Corporation
Date and Time:
Wednesday, December 7
1:30–4:00 p.m. ET
10:30 a.m.–1:00 p.m. PT
Click here to register free.
If you would like to receive an audio transcript of this webinar due to accessibility issues, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This program does not constitute legal advice, nor does it establish an attorney-client relationship. Views expressed by presenters are strictly their own and should not be construed to be the views of Manatt or attributed to Manatt.