A New Manatt Webinar Examines the Regulatory Landscape, Deal Structures, Coverage Changes and Legal Challenges Impacting the Boom in Telehealth Transactions. Click Here to Register Free—and Earn CLE.
The first quarter of 2020 saw venture capital funding for telemedicine companies surging to $788 million—a jump of 258% over last year. According to Mercom Capital, companies classified in the telehealth space, including telemedicine and remote patient monitoring, scored a total of $930 million from 35 deals in Q1. Major M&A deals involving telemedicine and connected care this year include Teladoc buying InTouch Health for $600 million and Masimo acquiring NantHealth’s Connected Care business for $47 million. And earlier this month, Teladoc announced that it would acquire Livongo in a blockbuster $18.5 billion transaction.
With COVID-19 shifting telehealth into overdrive, the boom in telehealth funding and transactions is likely not just to continue but to grow. In a new webinar, Manatt examines the latest telehealth M&A trends, the legal and regulatory landscape—and the challenges and opportunities ahead. Click here to register free. Key topics that will be covered include:
- Recent developments in telehealth—and the range of healthcare services now available through telehealth
- Key telehealth regulations, including state licensure issues, consent requirements, federal and state-specific privacy and security laws, applicable fraud and abuse laws, and corporate practice of medicine (CPOM)
- Medicare, Medicaid and commercial insurance coverage—during and beyond COVID-19
- Telehealth transaction structures, including asset deals, stock deals and mergers
- Due diligence issues and challenges, including corporate matters, licensing, compliance, provider agreements, investigations, privacy and security, claims coding, CPOM, financial relationships with referral sources, and more
- Regulatory approval requirements, including Medicare and Medicaid certifications and accreditations
Even if you can’t make our original airing on October 13, click here to register free now and receive a link to view the session on demand.
Jared Augenstein, Director, Manatt Health
Frank LaPallo, Partner, Manatt Health
Helen Pfister, Partner, Manatt Health
Date and Time
Tuesday, October 13, 2020
2:00–3:00 p.m. ET
Click here to register free.
CLE is pending in NY and CA.