This fall, the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) approved innovative 1115 waivers for Arizona, Massachusetts and Oregon, authorizing new financing and programmatic flexibilities for delivering services that address health-related social needs (HRSNs). Through these waivers, CMS both approved new services and articulated a new framework for how it would consider waivers seeking to implement HRSN initiatives moving forward.
In a new webinar, Manatt will moderate a panel of state leaders from Arizona, Massachusetts and Oregon providing key insights into the HRSN approval process—and real-world lessons for other states considering their own HRSN investments. Key topics will include:
- The evolution of Medicaid financing to address HRSN that led to the new CMS framework for HRSN waiver initiatives
- The similarities and differences in approaches that Arizona, Massachusetts and Oregon used to structure their HRSN investments
- Guidance for other states seeking to design HRSN financing and system delivery
- Lori Coyner, Senior Medicaid Policy Advisor at Oregon Health Authority
- Dana Flannery, Senior Policy Advisor & Assistant Director, Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System (AHCCCS)
- Mike Levine, Acting Assistant Secretary/Medicaid Director, State of Massachusetts
- Cindy Mann, Partner, Manatt Health
Date and Time:
Monday, January 9
3:00 – 4:00 p.m. ET
If you would like to receive an audio transcript of this webinar due to accessibility issues, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This program does not constitute legal advice, nor does it establish an attorney-client relationship. Views expressed by presenters are strictly their own and should not be construed to be the views of Manatt or attributed to Manatt.