From the exploding growth in digital health to ever-tightening pricing pressures to the increasing focus on personalized medicine, a myriad of business, regulatory and market forces are converging to remap the life sciences landscape. To help you safely navigate an environment of accelerating change, Manatt Health is leading a new series of free webinars—"Perspectives on Life Sciences”—crafted to guide life sciences companies through today’s most complex challenges. Led by Manatt’s multidisciplinary team, the sessions will examine your most critical issues from a legal, policy and business strategy perspective, giving you the 360° view you need to thrive in a transforming marketplace.
We will kick off the series with two new programs in 2022 and continue with additional sessions throughout 2023. Please register free below. Even if you can’t make a webinar on the date of its original airing, register now, and we’ll send you a link to view the program on demand.
View and Download
Although increasing representation of underserved populations in clinical trials has been a long-standing goal for industry, providers and patients alike, progress to date has been slow. The issues around achieving clinical trial diversity have taken center stage in recent months, as Capitol Hill and the administration have begun to explore policy solutions. In a new webinar, Manatt and a panel of stakeholders in the clinical trial process—including representatives from a leading provider organization and a major pharmaceutical company—will discuss:
- The progress that has been made—and the challenges that remain
- Real-world experiences and best practices—and what needs to happen next to move forward
- Recent policy proposals—and what implementation will mean for how clinical trials are conducted
- Barriers to participation—including patient trust—and how to overcome them
Date and Time
Wednesday, October 12, 2:00 – 3:00 p.m. ET
View and Download
The 340B discount program—which requires manufacturers to provide outpatient drugs to eligible health care entities at sharply reduced prices—continues to be both controversial and confusing. Manatt’s new webinar will explain the latest developments in the 340B program, including:
- The impact the drug pricing provisions in the Inflation Reduction Act will have on the 340B program
- The current state of manufacturer restrictions on the shipment of 340B drugs to contract pharmacies
- State-level efforts to prohibit health plans and pharmacy benefit managers (PBMs) from reimbursing or otherwise treating 340B covered entities and/or 340B contract pharmacies differently from health care providers and pharmacies that do not participate in the 340B program
In addition, the session will share—for the first time—the results of Manatt’s new survey tracking 340B antidiscrimination legislation by state.
Date and Time
Wednesday, November 9, 3:00 – 4:00 p.m. ET
If you would like to receive an audio transcript of this webinar due to accessibility issues, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This program does not constitute legal advice, nor does it establish an attorney-client relationship. Views expressed by presenters are strictly their own and should not be construed to be the views of Manatt or attributed to Manatt.