On April 27, 2023, the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) released proposed rules that, if finalized, would reshape Medicaid’s federal regulatory landscape in several ways, including with respect to home and community-based services (HCBS). The proposed rule most relevant for HCBS—titled Ensuring Access to Medicaid Services—includes measures to increase transparency, oversight and public engagement regarding HCBS access and quality of care, including measures that aim to improve job quality for direct care workers who provide home-based services. Comments on the proposed rule are due by July 3.
In a new webinar, Manatt Health—joined by an expert on the caregiving needs of people with functional limitations—will review the key reforms that CMS has proposed for Medicaid HCBS. Key topics that will be covered include:
- Medicaid’s role as the nation’s largest payer for HCBS—essential services that allow people with functional limitations to stay in their homes rather than move into long-term care facilities
- CMS’s proposed regulatory changes that would:
- Establish requirements for rate transparency and payment adequacy with respect to certain home care services
- Strengthen the procedures regarding person-centered service plans
- Standardize state approaches for monitoring access to care, quality of care, critical safety incidents and beneficiary grievances
- Areas where CMS solicited input from the public during the public comment period
Even if you can’t make our live airing on June 1, click here to register now for this free webinar and you’ll receive a link to view the program on demand.
Support for this presentation comes from the Service Employees International Union (SEIU).
- Nicole Jorwic, Chief of Advocacy and Campaigns, Caring Across Generations
- Adam Glickman, Secretary-Treasurer, SEIU 775
- Stephanie Anthony, Senior Advisor, Manatt Health
- Julian Polaris, Partner, Manatt Health
Date and Time:
Thursday, June 1
1:00 – 2:00 p.m. ET
Click here to register for the free webinar.
If you would like to receive an audio transcript of this webinar due to accessibility issues, please email us at email@example.com.
This program does not constitute legal advice, nor does it establish an attorney-client relationship. Views expressed by presenters are strictly their own and should not be construed to be the views of Manatt or attributed to Manatt.