Learn How States Are Using Cost Growth Benchmarking to Increase Health System Transparency and Contain Rising Health Care Costs at a New Manatt Webinar.
As states grow increasingly concerned over soaring health care costs, health care cost growth benchmarking programs have emerged as a promising strategy for advancing health system transparency, identifying key cost drivers and containing health care spending. To date, eight states have adopted benchmarking programs that bring stakeholders together to set growth targets for health care spending, and additional states are taking a careful look at similar programs.
Hear from Manatt and state leaders in a new webinar—based on a just-released Manatt Health paper produced in partnership with the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation—with state presentations on key lessons, practical guidance and best practices for an effective cost growth target program. Key topics that will be covered include:
- The history and evolution of cost growth benchmarking programs with a focus on five key features common to all programs
- Use cases and emerging innovations from states that are leveraging their programs to improve transparency, target cost drivers, advance adoption of alternative payment models and more
- The potential for increased standardization as state programs move forward—and the opportunities and benefits that lie ahead
Moderator: Joel Ario, Managing Director, Manatt Health
- Kevin McAvey, Director, Manatt Health
- David Auerbach, Senior Director of Research and Cost Trends, Massachusetts Health Policy Commission
- Jeremy Vandehey, Director of Health Policy and Analytics, Oregon Health Authority
- Victoria Veltri, Executive Director, Office of Health Strategy, State of Connecticut
Date and Time
Thursday, June 17, 2021
If you would like to receive an audio transcript of this webinar due to accessibility issues, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.