Learn Innovative Approaches for Transforming Pediatric Care to Better Support the Whole Child and Promote Health Equity.
For many years, providers, families, state leaders and advocates have called for expanding the pediatric primary care team to address the full set of social, economic and emotional issues that drive children’s health outcomes. The COVID-19 pandemic brought to center stage the long-standing need for a more comprehensive, advanced and equitable child health system equipped to deliver whole-child, family-based care. But how do we move forward in advancing meaningful, positive change in the pediatric care system?
In a new webinar, Manatt Health and the Center for the Study of Social Policy (CSSP) share innovative strategies that state leaders, providers, advocates, families and stakeholders can put into action to meet the needs of children and their families more effectively. The webinar will:
- Define the key characteristics of an advanced and equitable child health system.
- Discuss ways to integrate behavioral health services into pediatric care to support. children’s social and emotional development.
- Explore how to leverage community health workers and similar providers to enhance the care team.
- Discuss how to improve care coordination for children to better support families.
- Explain the benefits of dyadic treatment in improving parent-child relationships and encouraging positive interactions.
- Share insights into the Biden-Harris Administration’s plans for addressing health disparities and ensuring an equitable health care system for children.
- Alice Lam, Managing Director, Manatt
- Dr. Breena Holmes, Senior Faculty and Clinical Associate Professor, Vermont Child Health Improvement Program, University of Vermont Larner College of Medicine
- Dr. Kate Margolis, Associate Clinical Professor, Departments of Psychiatry and Pediatrics, The University of California, San Francisco
- Dr. Rodney Wise, Market Chief Medical Officer, AmeriHealth Caritas, Louisiana
- Donna Cohen Ross, Independent Consultant
Date and Time
Tuesday, June 29, 2021
If you would like to receive an audio transcript of this webinar due to accessibility issues, please email us at email@example.com.