The COVID-19 pandemic catalyzed a dramatic rise in the use of telehealth nationwide to deliver health care services to Medicaid and Children’s Health Insurance Program (CHIP) enrollees. In response to the health crisis, both the federal government and states implemented temporary policy flexibilities to increase access to care while limiting risk of viral exposure by allowing members to receive telehealth services at home.
North Carolina’s Department of Health and Human Services (NC DHHS) took early action to transform its telehealth policy in order to promote evidence-based, equitable delivery of Medicaid and CHIP services via telehealth during the pandemic and beyond. In a new webinar, Manatt Health and leadership from the North Carolina Department of Health and Human Services share the state’s innovative approach to telehealth policymaking, which could serve as a model for other states and stakeholders focused on telehealth policymaking and evaluation. Key topics that will be covered include:
- NC DHHS’ approach to developing a process and criteria to guide telehealth policymaking
- Strategies to foster partnerships, communication channels and feedback loops that support policy change
- Key takeaways from NC DHHS’ analysis of telehealth-related utilization and survey data between 2020–2022
- Challenges and opportunities around integrating telehealth into the Medicaid delivery system
- Data monitoring and collection best practices to drive meaningful policy evaluation
- Considerations for improving equitable access to and delivery of telehealth services
- Jared Augenstein, M.P.H., M.A., Managing Director, Manatt Health
- Dr. Shannon Dowler, M.D., FAAFP, CPE, Chief Medical Officer for North Carolina Medicaid and Assistant Secretary for Health Access, North Carolina Department of Health and Human Services
- Sam Thompson, M.S.W., Associate Director for Program Evaluation, North Carolina Department of Health and Human Services
Date and Time:
Monday, November 13
3:00 – 4:00 p.m. ET
If you would like to receive an audio transcript of this webinar due to accessibility issues, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This program does not constitute legal advice, nor does it establish an attorney-client relationship. Views expressed by presenters are strictly their own and should not be construed to be the views of Manatt or attributed to Manatt.