Learn How COVID-19 Is Reshaping Telehealth Strategies, Trends and Imperatives for Providers, Payers and Policymakers—Today and Into the Future—at a New Manatt Webinar.
The COVID-19 pandemic has shifted telehealth into overdrive, with virtual healthcare interactions on pace to top 1 billion by the end of 2020, according to Forrester Research. Analysts now expect general medical care telehealth visits to top 200 million this year, up from their original projection of 36 million—and coronavirus virtual visits could top 900 million.
Faced with the pandemic, providers have scaled their telehealth capabilities at dizzying speeds as they looked for ways to diagnose, triage and treat patients while reducing disease spread. At the same time, previous cost and regulatory barriers have crumbled as states and commercial payers introduced novel reimbursement policies and the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) and other federal agencies implemented new flexibilities. Which policy changes are likely here to stay and which will end with the pandemic? And what does the evolving telehealth environment mean for providers, payers and policymakers? Find out at a new Manatt webinar, featuring a live interview with Sylvia Romm, Chief Innovation Officer, Atlantic Health System. Key topics will include:
- A firsthand provider perspective on rapidly scaling telehealth capabilities in response to COVID-19
- Trends in telehealth adoption and utilization during the COVID-19 pandemic
- Telehealth coverage and reimbursement changes in Medicare, Medicaid and commercial coverage
- Telehealth policy changes related to cross-state licensure, fraudulent claims, and the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA)
- Considerations for payers and policymakers in designing their post-COVID telehealth policies
- Implications for providers in rethinking their post-COVID strategic imperatives
- Gazing into the crystal ball—predictions on the post-COVID telehealth landscape
Sylvia Romm, Chief Innovation Officer, Atlantic Health System
Jared Augenstein, Director, Manatt Health
Alex Dworkowitz, Partner, Manatt Health
Jacqueline Marks, Manager, Manatt Health
Date and Time
Tuesday, June 23, 2020
For regular updates on the major challenges companies are facing, please visit our COVID-19 resources page, and subscribe for timely updates in your inbox here.