The Gathering Storm: What Mortgage Servicers Should Be Doing Now to Prepare for the Coming CFPB Enforcement Wave
Rohit Chopra is readying to assume leadership at the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB), and a new era of “regulation by enforcement” is coming.
In this complimentary 60-minute webinar, join a team of Manatt Consumer Financial Services professionals as they discuss what mortgage servicers need to know about the latest developments and what to expect in the near future.
Key topics will include:
- CFPB’s anticipated revival of “regulation by enforcement,” and how the mortgage industry should prepare
- Potential changes to mortgage servicing rules that you should expect to see
- Impact of CFPB Bulletin 2021-2: How to assess your loss mitigation best practices to better respond to CFPB scrutiny
- “Fair servicing” and why President Biden’s focus on perceived racial inequality in loss mitigation outcomes may translate into a significant uptick in mortgage servicing enforcement matters touching all aspects of the default and recovery cycle
- Revived interagency cooperation among state regulators and state AGs, the FTC and CFPB
- Addressing and responding to the unique loss mitigation challenges raised by the end of the Covid-19 pandemic and a potential economic downturn
Brett Natarelli, Partner, Manatt Financial Services
Joseph Reilly, Counsel, Manatt Financial Services
Kay Fitz-Patrick, Associate, Manatt Financial Services
Date and Time
Wednesday, June 30, 2021
CLE credit is pending.
If you would like to receive an audio transcript of this webinar due to accessibility issues, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This program does not constitute legal advice, nor does it establish an attorney-client relationship. Views expressed by presenters are strictly their own and should not be construed to be the views of Manatt or attributed to Manatt.