In the post-Dobbs world, where a woman’s ability to get an abortion is left to individual states, dissemination of information about abortion-related services has become crucial to ensuring women can access abortion care. In states where providing or receiving abortion-related services is illegal or severely restricted, however, even just sharing information about the availability of abortion-related services by out-of-state providers can be fraught with risk.
In a new webinar, Manatt examines the potential pitfalls for provider organizations and life sciences companies that market abortion-related services and medications across state lines. The program will help participants understand and navigate a new and challenging legal landscape with wide variability among states. Topics that will be covered include:
- A landscape assessment of the post-Dobbs world and the new risks for those providing or receiving abortion-related services
- An overview of state restrictions on advertising abortion-related services
- A look at how existing laws, rules and regulatory guidance on deceptive advertising practices apply (or could apply) in the post-Dobbs environment
- A review of advertising policies of social media platforms—and how they may restrict abortion-related advertising
- The emerging issues around unregulated health data and harvesting that data for ad targeting purposes
Date and Time:
Wednesday, October 19
4:00 – 5:00 p.m. ET
This program has been approved for 1.0 NY CLE Skills (transitional and non-transitional) and for 1.0 CA MCLE General credit.
If you would like to receive an audio transcript of this webinar due to accessibility issues, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This program does not constitute legal advice, nor does it establish an attorney-client relationship. Views expressed by presenters are strictly their own and should not be construed to be the views of Manatt or attributed to Manatt.