As of May 2, 2023, the Writers Guild of America (WGA) declared a strike against movie and television studios and streamers represented by the Alliance of Motion Picture and Television Producers. Writers and their representatives were left to wonder, “What do we do now?” Please join Manatt Entertainment Partners W. Joseph Anderson and Sarah E. Moses; Manatt Government and Regulatory National Advisor and Chair of the California Film Commission Wendy J. Greuel; Matt Belloni, founding partner at Puck; Christina Tajalli, Senior Vice President of Business & Legal Affairs and Associate General Counsel at PICTURESTART; and Dimitry Krol, Senior Counsel in Loeb & Loeb LLP’s Entertainment Labor Practice Group, to probe that question and others. The panelists will discuss whether the WGA can bar membership for future applicants who write for struck companies, whether writers can enter into deals with companies outside the United States, how to think about hyphenates, how force majeure provisions may shape the landscape as the strike drags on and more.
Date & Time
Wednesday, June 7, 2023
- Sarah E. Moses, Entertainment Litigation Partner, Manatt, Phelps & Phillips, LLP
- Wendy J. Greuel, National Advisor, Government and Regulatory, Manatt, Phelps & Phillips, LLP, and Chair, California Film Commission
- Matt Belloni, Founding Partner, Puck
- Christina Tajalli, Senior Vice President of Business & Legal Affairs and Associate General Counsel, PICTURESTART
- Dimitry Krol, Senior Counsel, Entertainment Labor Practice Group, Loeb & Loeb LLP
This program has been approved for 1.0 NY CLE Skills (transitional and non-transitional) and for 1.0 CA MCLE General credit.
If you would like to receive an audio transcript of this webinar due to accessibility issues, please email us at email@example.com.
This program does not constitute legal advice, nor does it establish an attorney-client relationship. Views expressed by presenters are strictly their own and should not be construed to be the views of Manatt or attributed to Manatt.