A New Manatt Webinar Guides You Through New Reforms Promoting Value-Based Care and Easing Regulatory Compliance—the Most Significant Changes to the Federal Fraud and Abuse Landscape in the Last Decade.
On November 20, 2020, the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) published two rules that finalize sweeping reforms to the regulations governing fraud and abuse in the Medicare and Medicaid programs. The first rule, published by the HHS Office of Inspector General (OIG), focuses primarily on the Anti-Kickback Statute (AKS). The second rule, published by the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS), addresses the Physician Self-Referral Law, commonly referred to as the “Stark Law.” These final rules take effect on January 19, 2021.
In an upcoming webinar, Manatt Health will review the newly finalized protections for value-based arrangements, as well as the dozens of other important changes across a broad range of areas—from simplifying compliance to clarifying and redefining foundational concepts. Key topics include:
- The background of the proposed rules, including the HHS objective driving the amendments
- Key regulatory revisions that respond to public comments on the proposed rules—including new opportunities for involvement by digital health companies
- The new protections for value-based care, which allow for the exchange of financial and other benefits in pursuit of care coordination, patient engagement, quality improvement and cost reduction
- The revised protections regarding transfers of cybersecurity and electronic health record (EHR) technology
- Other amendments to the AKS and Stark regulations that ease compliance burdens, clarify ambiguities and align with updates in other laws
- The new or modified definitions for critical Stark Law concepts, such as “designated health services,” “commercially reasonable” and “fair market value”
- Examples of innovative arrangements that may qualify for protection under these new provisions
Robert Belfort, Partner, Manatt Health
Julian Polaris, Associate, Manatt Health
Date and Time
Monday, January 11, 2021
This program has been approved for 1.0 NY CLE Professional Practice (transitional and non-transitional) and for 1.0 CA MCLE General credit.
If you would like to receive an audio transcript of this webinar due to accessibility issues, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.