Since its inception 51 years ago, Medicaid has evolved from a small welfare program into an integral part of the nation's health insurance system. Today, Medicaid is the country's largest insurer and the single largest payer in every state, covering more than 20% of the U.S. population.
Although it is unquestionably an essential part of the nation’s insurance foundation, Medicaid is facing profound challenges in 2018—from potentially dramatic changes in its financial structure to a possible rollback of the expansion option introduced under the Affordable Care Act (ACA).
In a new webinar, Manatt Health will reveal the top 10 Medicaid trends—and their implications—that you need to watch in 2018 and beyond.
During the session, you will:
- Discover the 10 major trends transforming Medicaid—and what new forces are emerging.
- Gain key insights into each trend’s evolution—from its current status to its anticipated impact.
- Explore how the 10 trends will affect the full spectrum of healthcare audiences—including states, providers, plans, pharmaceutical manufacturers and patients.
- Examine the potentially radical changes that could redefine the federal/state partnership, as well as Medicaid’s role as a coverage program for low-income populations.
- Understand how Medicaid is addressing today’s most critical healthcare issues, from coping with the opioid crisis to targeting social determinants of health to driving increased accountability for care quality and efficiency.
Click here to watch this webinar on demand.
Deborah Bachrach, Partner, Manatt Health
Patricia Boozang, Senior Managing Director, Manatt Health
Melinda Dutton, Partner, Manatt Health
Cindy Mann, Partner, Manatt Health
If you would like to receive an audio transcript of this webinar due to accessibility issues, please email us at email@example.com.
This program does not constitute legal advice, nor does it establish an attorney-client relationship. Views expressed by presenters are strictly their own and should not be construed to be the views of Manatt or attributed to Manatt.